So much talent in the room and the exhibition is open for viewing for the next two weeks. If your passing Ards Arts Centre, please drop in and see what’s on offer.
And if you haven’t been affected by a mental health issue – or know somebody who has – you’re possibly teh only person in Northern Ireland not to have done so. Here are some striking details:
Mental illness in Northern Ireland
- One in five adults in Northern Ireland will show signs of a mental illness
- When matched to 17 other countries, NI had the 2nd highest rates of mental ill-health
- Prevalence of mental illness in Northern Ireland is 25% higher than in England
Employment and mental health statistics:
- Almost 50% of long-term absences from work are due to mental health issues
- Our “Pay Pennies Rebuild Lives” research (2012) showed that investment in programmes, such as our New Horizons service, could help address as much as £50 million of the cost of mental health problems in Northern Ireland annually
- Engagement in the programme also contributed over £450,000 to the economy through employment and tax revenue
If you would like to contact Action Mental Health, you can find out more about what they have to offer here amh.org.uk
World Porridge Day
As if that wasn’t enough excitement for one day, it turns out it was World Porridge Day as well! Who knew there was such a thing! Get it in the diary for 2018.